Monday, August 1, 2011

Wide Awake Puppies

Lately my dogs have not been sleeping through the nite. I'm not sure if it's the current heatwave, or if they are upset that DH has been traveling so much or what their problem is. If only they could talk (sigh). Only then I might be afraid to hear their true thoughts on the low fat, high fiber, bland o bland organic food, diet they are on. But I digress.

After a week of little to no sleep, I told DH we had to do "something". So on Sunday "operation tire the dogs out" was commenced. We loaded them up into my car and drove to the pet store. We took every side street available, what should have been a 30 min ride turned into an hour and 30 min drive. DH and I talked about nothing and everything all at once. The dogs had a blast looking out the window and watching the world as it whizzed by.

  The long drive to the pet store reminded me of back when DH and I had first starting dating, back when gas was cheap. We used to ride around in his truck all the time. We never had a destination in mind, we did it just because. And we'd talk for hours. I loved it.  It was simple and it brought us closer together.

The dogs still didn't sleep thought the nite Sunday nite, but this time, instead of being upset about it, I'm looking forward to another long drive with them and Jeff.  Who knows...maybe we'll work this into our weekly routine. I'm sure the dogs won't complain ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love all things crafty! Visit my website www.calicocali.com for tutorials, longarm quilting, svg designs, embroidery designs, nail decals, notions and more. Let’s Be Friends! Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/calicocalidesigns/ Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/calicocalidesigns/ Subscribe to our Youtube channel so that you don’t miss out on any of our fun tutorials! I hope you love our designs as much as I enjoy creating them. Happy Sewing Everyone!!! – Kat 🙂