Sunday, December 16, 2012

Fun with Zippers

I've been sick with bronchitis for a few weeks, but I finally snuck down into my studio and had some fun with Zippers!!

I love the look of zipper flowers, so I made this poinsettia for my MIL. I loved it so much that I made a few more for gifts.
Zipper Poinsettia

If you are going to make zipper flowers, I highly recommend the Whimsy Pinwheel tool from Kari Me Away.  You put pins through the holes in the tool, and then wrap the zipper around the pins. It's soo much easier than trying to hold the zipper with one hand, while twisting with the other. This tool free's up both hands.
Whimsey Pinwheel Tool


I also made these adorable zipper hearts for two teenage girls in my extended family.  I put them on corded necklaces and mailed them out as a surprise. Both girls loved them.
Zipper Heart


Of course I also made one for myself.
Zipper Necklace

Happy Sewing!!
 - Kat  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love all things crafty! Visit my website www.calicocali.com for tutorials, longarm quilting, svg designs, embroidery designs, nail decals, notions and more. Let’s Be Friends! Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/calicocalidesigns/ Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/calicocalidesigns/ Subscribe to our Youtube channel so that you don’t miss out on any of our fun tutorials! I hope you love our designs as much as I enjoy creating them. Happy Sewing Everyone!!! – Kat 🙂