Monday, December 24, 2012

HO HO HO

The embroidery club that I belong to has a holiday party each year where we exchange gifts. This year I made this super cute Santa tree topper from Happy Hollow Designs.
Quilted tree topper
Actually I made two of them because I wanted one for my self. 

I have to admit that while the Santa tree toppers turned out cute, the directions were a bit confusing to me. I had to read them multiple times, and I really needed to rely on the photos to figure out how to piece Santa together.

Quilted tree topper
A girls gotta have hot fix crystals!!!

Santa went together really fast, but the beard was challenging. The directions called for the Santa cone to be sewn up first, and for the beard to be hand stitched on.  I'm not a fan of hand sewing, so I left the cone flat and machine sewed on the beard.  Then I sewed the cone up, and only had to hand sew on a few strands of beard to cover up the seam.

I found the glasses at a local hobby store. I think they just complete him. The buttons I had in my stash.
Quilted tree topper

While technically this Santa is supposed to be a tree topper, I think he makes an excellent centerpiece.

Merry Christmas...have a magical Holiday with your loved ones.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful.... Love your super cute Santa tree topper and good luck for your party... Your embroidery digitizing club looks great. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I love all things crafty! Visit my website www.calicocali.com for tutorials, longarm quilting, svg designs, embroidery designs, nail decals, notions and more. Let’s Be Friends! Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/calicocalidesigns/ Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/calicocalidesigns/ Subscribe to our Youtube channel so that you don’t miss out on any of our fun tutorials! I hope you love our designs as much as I enjoy creating them. Happy Sewing Everyone!!! – Kat 🙂