Monday, September 24, 2012

Winter fun??



The other day a friend of mine posted on Facebook that it was 106 degrees where she lives in California. I was instantly jealous. Here in Milwaukee, WI it was only 36 degrees when I woke up this morning. By the time I drove into work it was 50 degrees. I'm currently blasting my space heater and drinking hot tea while I type this. I'm not a fan of the cold. 

But seeing as I can't avoid winter, I thought I'd make a list of things I do like about it.  Things I can look forward to. 

Me with my amazing Figment hat!
*Super fun hats.  I have a collection of fun hats that I wear all winter long. Last year's favorite was Sock Monkey hat. This year, I have a brand new Figment hat that I can't wait to wear.

*Fires in the wood stove. Over the weekend DH lit a fire in our wood stove. I forgot how cozy it is to snuggle up on the couch in front of the fire and watch a movie.

*Flannel sheets & electric blankets.  There's something soothing about covering up with an electric blanket and reading a good book on a cold day.

*Sweaters & Sweatshirts!!! I'm almost always cold. I usually carry a sweatshirt or jacket with me, but I had to admit, I know I look silly wearing a sweatshirt in July. There's no looking silly wearing one during the winter months. And I have quite the inventory of warm sweatshirts.

*Snugly puppies. In the winter months my dogs like to snuggle up next to us underneath the blankets. I love this. The dogs are like little mini heating pads. I sleep soo great cuddled up next to them.

*Super comfy fleece pjs.

*SNOW DAYS!!!!! Who doesn't love sleeping in when the office is closed?!

*Photographing fresh clean magical snow. 

*Sledding. It's fun to act like a kid now and again.

What are some of your favorite things to do once it gets cold out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love all things crafty! Visit my website www.calicocali.com for tutorials, longarm quilting, svg designs, embroidery designs, nail decals, notions and more. Let’s Be Friends! Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/calicocalidesigns/ Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/calicocalidesigns/ Subscribe to our Youtube channel so that you don’t miss out on any of our fun tutorials! I hope you love our designs as much as I enjoy creating them. Happy Sewing Everyone!!! – Kat 🙂