Sunday, March 22, 2015

Crayons and Fabric

I belong to the Central Oregon chapter of The Modern Quilt Guild (it's a fabulous quild....the Modern Quilt Guild has chapters all over, check them out on their website) and our quild has decided that we should have name tags that have our logo on them. That way, when we are at events together everyone will know that we all belong to the same quild.

We were given a white piece of fabric with our logo printed on it and told to decorate it anyway we wanted.  My immediate thought was colorful and sparkly.  So I dug out my crayons. Yes crayons.
Modern Quilt Guild Name Tag
 Using the technique in Terrie Linn Kygar's book I colored in my name tag (my Mom and I saw watched Terrie demo this technique at a quilt show last year and I'd been itching to try it out).

Then I fused it to tim tex, fused on some backing, and sewed a sparkly ribbon around the edges.
Modern Quilt Guild Name Tag

Next I wrote my name out in hot fix crystals.

Hot Fix Crystals
Then I applied the crystals (and glued a pin onto the back)

Modern Quilt Guild Name Tag
Perfect. I'm sew excited with how it turned out and I can't wait to show the girls at our next meeting.


Happy Sewing everyone!

- Kat  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love all things crafty! Visit my website www.calicocali.com for tutorials, longarm quilting, svg designs, embroidery designs, nail decals, notions and more. Let’s Be Friends! Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/calicocalidesigns/ Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/calicocalidesigns/ Subscribe to our Youtube channel so that you don’t miss out on any of our fun tutorials! I hope you love our designs as much as I enjoy creating them. Happy Sewing Everyone!!! – Kat 🙂