Monday, December 16, 2013

Want new cabinets??

Are you looking for an inexpensive way to refinish your cabinets? We've lived in our house for about 10 years. I've never liked the oak cabinets. And since we are remodeling the first floor of the house, DH finally agreed to paint them (which was much cheaper than buying new cabinets).

We used a product by RUST-OLEUM called Cabinet Transformations. It's fabulous (This is my personal opinion, they are not paying me review this product). It was about $60 per kit and we used two kits. So for $120 dollars (plus new hardware) we got amazing 'new' cabinets.

The first step in the kit is the de-gloser. You wash all the cabinets with the de-glosser. BONUS: No Sanding!


Next up you apply the paint/stain. We used two coats of the paint/stain.
This is what it looks like after only one coat of the paint/stain.

The 3rd step is a glaze that makes the grain pop.
The final step is the sealer, it seals everything and makes the cabinets shiny.


Bye bye oak cabinets....
Here is the BEFORE photo    



 Hello new fabulous cabinets!!!

The finished cabinets.

Love love this color.

Someday this remodel will be finished and my countertops will be clean again.




Overall we felt the process was very easy, I loved that we didn't have to do any sanding. And now one month later that cabinets still look great. So far the paint/stain is holding up really well. Let me know if you have used this product on your cabinets and what you thought of the entire process.

-Happy painting! Kat  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love all things crafty! Visit my website www.calicocali.com for tutorials, longarm quilting, svg designs, embroidery designs, nail decals, notions and more. Let’s Be Friends! Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/calicocalidesigns/ Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/calicocalidesigns/ Subscribe to our Youtube channel so that you don’t miss out on any of our fun tutorials! I hope you love our designs as much as I enjoy creating them. Happy Sewing Everyone!!! – Kat 🙂