Monday, October 7, 2013

Bye bye rubber duckies

A few weeks ago, I woke up on a Sunday morning turned to my husband and said..."Hey wanna go to the hardware store and buy a track light for the kitchen?" Now asking my husband to go to the hardware store, is like asking me to go to a quilt shop. I knew the answer was going to be yes.

One hour later we were on our way home with everything we needed to remodel our guest bathroom. But no kitchen track light.

Yup..after 9 1/2 years in this house, it was decided that our ducky bathroom had to go, and we needed a more 'grown up' bathroom.

bathroom remodel - before
Bye bye duckies.

bathroom remodel

We wanted the 'new' bathroom to have that fancy hotel bathroom look to it. We started with paint. We used the same paint color as our master bathroom, so that the two rooms would have a similar feel to them.

bathroom remodel
What doesn't everyone put their toilet in the tub?
DH put down the same tile that he used in our camper. I love that tile. He also installed a new counter top and sink.
bathroom remodel

We painted the light fixture, mirror and trash can so they would match the oil rub bronze color that the master bathroom features. We also purchased a new faucet in that color. What can I say..we like brown.

bathroom remodel
The shower curtain is that kind that bowes out so that you have more room inside the shower.

bathroom remodel
Check out the 'jeweled' curtain rings!
I bought the accessories at Target, and I super love the small cake plate-like soap dish, where I plan on displaying one rubber ducky at a time. I might be having a hard time letting go of the duckies.

bathroom remodel
Hotel soap on the dish for when we have guests over.

bathroom remodel
Super fun Duckie on the soap dish for when we don't have guests.
Viola...new fancy bathroom. Oh and we did go back to get the kitchen track light too. Yahoo! I'm soo in love with our new bathroom, I can't believe we waited this long to remodel it.

Have a great week everyone!

-Kat  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love all things crafty! Visit my website www.calicocali.com for tutorials, longarm quilting, svg designs, embroidery designs, nail decals, notions and more. Let’s Be Friends! Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/calicocalidesigns/ Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/calicocalidesigns/ Subscribe to our Youtube channel so that you don’t miss out on any of our fun tutorials! I hope you love our designs as much as I enjoy creating them. Happy Sewing Everyone!!! – Kat 🙂