Sunday, February 24, 2013

L's quilt...DONE

Last month I finished the quilt for my niece. When she saw it, she smiled so big, like should couldn't believe it was really for her. She told my husband the quilt wasn't a present...it was a surprise.

Below are some photos of the quilt...I had the most fun quilting it. I quilted it at home on my domestic machine, and I used a different pattern in each square. It took a long time to finish the entire thing..but since I love the actual quilting part the best..I enjoyed every minute of it. And L's smile...that made all the hours worth it.

Free motion quilting
I echo stitched around a few of the dragonfly blocks.

Free motion quilting
I free motion quilted a snail into the negative space in the border.

Free motion quilting
Pebbles!!! 

Free motion quilting
I quilted hearts into a few of the blocks as well.

Free motion quilting
I 'had' to put an L in there too!

Free motion quilting
I quilted her name into the border.
Free motion quilting
I used applique to add her name to the back of the quilt.


Free motion quilting
This is how the quilt looks on a twin sized bed.

Free motion quilting
I made it bigger than the bed so that it would hang over the edges.  

Happy Sewing!!
- Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love all things crafty! Visit my website www.calicocali.com for tutorials, longarm quilting, svg designs, embroidery designs, nail decals, notions and more. Let’s Be Friends! Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/calicocalidesigns/ Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/calicocalidesigns/ Subscribe to our Youtube channel so that you don’t miss out on any of our fun tutorials! I hope you love our designs as much as I enjoy creating them. Happy Sewing Everyone!!! – Kat 🙂