Friday, October 19, 2012

Off with her head!!!!



I finished my Halloween costume!!! Okay so I don't look very vicious or villain like (especially in the below photos since I'm twirling around like a princess), but I'm happy with it just the same.

Even though my dress form needs some work...I was a brave little sewist, and attempted draping for the first time. I think I did fairly well. Draping wasn't nearly as scary as I thought it was going to be. In fact..it was kinda fun.  

You'll notice I'm not wearing a crown. That's because I'm wearing the costume in a 5K race...and I don't want to be running with my hands on my head trying not to loose the crown the entire time. (I might make a crown later for a party that I'm attending..we'll see).  

I'll be wearing this costume while participating in theMonster Dash 5K in Chicago...along the lake front. I expect it to be chilly and..well windy (it is Chicago after all). With that in mind I made the entire costume a little bit big so that I can wear a few layers of clothing underneath if I need to.  The tutu and the top are separate pieces and I used velcro for the closures on both. I decided velcro would not only leave me with more "breathing room" but it would be softer on my back while running.

I did not make a wand...but I think it's still magical. And I when I wear it for the Halloween Party..I'll also add in makeup. I'll post more photos after the race on Sunday.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Queen of Hearts Costume

Queen of Hearts Costume
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love all things crafty! Visit my website www.calicocali.com for tutorials, longarm quilting, svg designs, embroidery designs, nail decals, notions and more. Let’s Be Friends! Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/calicocalidesigns/ Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/calicocalidesigns/ Subscribe to our Youtube channel so that you don’t miss out on any of our fun tutorials! I hope you love our designs as much as I enjoy creating them. Happy Sewing Everyone!!! – Kat 🙂