Thursday, September 10, 2015

Another WIP done!

Back in April of 2011 my Mom and I went to the AQS quilt show in Paducah KY. We had an amazing time. We took a bunch of classes together, and lots of photos.

A few weeks ago I was cleaning out a cabinet in my studio, and I came across an unfinished quilt. It was a small wall hanging, complete with batting and backing..just begging to be quilted. I couldn't remember exactly when or where I had made it, but I knew it was in a class with my Mom.

I searched all the photos on our computer, and then I found it...the photos from the class in KY.
Here are the photos of Mom and I in class with our completed quilt tops.
I still have that hair clip, I made it out of a zipper.

My Mom with her quilt top. I love my Mommy.


I quilted my wall hanging with in a week of finding it, and I'm sooo happy with how it turned out.
The wall hanging on my longarm.
I finished the hand binding on the back while I was camping last weekend, and hung it up the day we got home. I'm soo in love with this. As soon as my Mom finds her's she's going to send it to me for quilting. I can't wait for her to locate it in her pile of WIPs.
Hanging on the wall in my studio.
I also found these photos that I took of the teacher's samples. I can't remember her name, and I can't find my notes from the class (I'm sure I took some)...but at least you can see the beautiful work the teacher did.


I hope you make some progress in your WIPs this weekend. Happy Sewing everyone!
-Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love all things crafty! Visit my website www.calicocali.com for tutorials, longarm quilting, svg designs, embroidery designs, nail decals, notions and more. Let’s Be Friends! Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/calicocalidesigns/ Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/calicocalidesigns/ Subscribe to our Youtube channel so that you don’t miss out on any of our fun tutorials! I hope you love our designs as much as I enjoy creating them. Happy Sewing Everyone!!! – Kat 🙂