Thursday, June 27, 2013

A bracelet for 50 cents?!?



I had lunch with a friend today...and as I waited for her to arrive I was eyeing up the gumball machines. I haven't bought something from a gum ball machine since I was a child. On the way out..I decided I 'had' to have the item. 

I put in my quarters and turned the dial..instantly transported back in time.
The anticipation...would I get the color I wanted?
What if the item got stuck and nothing came out?
Would I be super lucky and somehow two items would come out?
The joy in opening up that little metal door and retrieving my 'prize'. 


All this nostalgia was worth the 50 cents I put in....and today's prize? This wicked cool Zipper Bracelet with heart shaped zipper pull. Yup, I'm 5 years old all over again. 


When was the last time you bought something from a gumball machine?

-Kat  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love all things crafty! Visit my website www.calicocali.com for tutorials, longarm quilting, svg designs, embroidery designs, nail decals, notions and more. Let’s Be Friends! Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/calicocalidesigns/ Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/calicocalidesigns/ Subscribe to our Youtube channel so that you don’t miss out on any of our fun tutorials! I hope you love our designs as much as I enjoy creating them. Happy Sewing Everyone!!! – Kat 🙂