Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Big Girl Bed Quilt - color choices

When my SIL asked me to make a quilt for my niece my very first thought was to use the Lilly & Will fabric that I have tucked away. That is until my SIL said "only use a little pink".

Grrrrrrr. She knows me too well. I would have made the entire quilt pink, pink pink!  But when I stopped to think about it, she's right. While the Lilly & Will fabric is beautiful, it's also soft and pastel and that does not fit L's personality. L is more of a rough and tumble girl. My SIL asked for bright and bold colors. Again she's right...bright and bold "fit" L's personality best.

Previously, I had never thought about picking a fabric based on the recipients personality.  I've always gone by what colors I were pretty and that the giftee would also like. So this will be an interesting "challenge for me".

 We did however, pick a pattern. I'm going to be using "Creature Comfort" by Karie Patch Designs. I love this pattern and think it's just perfect for a little girls room. I can't wait to find the perfect fabrics next!

1 comment:

  1. So cute!!! Can't wait to see how it looks in bolder colors. Those snails are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Welcome to Calico Cali Designs! I’m Kat, digitizer and sewing enthusiast. I learned how to digitize in 2010 from master digitizer Walter Floriani…it was an amazing experience. Soon instead of spending my time sewing, quilting and stitching out other people’s embroidery designs, I was sewing, quilting and stitching out my own embroidery designs. I created this blog, not only as a place to share my embroidery designs, but also as a place to share all the things I make, sew, paint, embroider, and create. You’ll see posts about my life, my studio, patterns I’ve sewn and products I’ve tested. I hope you enjoy reading these posts as much as I’ve enjoyed creating them. Follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/calicocalidsgns . Hugs!! – Kat

Followers