Thursday, November 3, 2011

Birthday Ribbons



My niece just turned 3, and she loves headbands. So I decided to glam some up for her. While I was at it..I jazzed up some pony tail holders too. I have to admit they are soo cute I was tempted to make some for myself.





First I wrapped the ribbons around dowels and baked them in the oven at 250 degrees for 20 min.

The result is super fun boingy curly ribbons. 
 Zombies not included.


Next up - I cut the ribbons into 3 and 4 inch lengths. A few of them were 3 1/2 inches. I also cut up some flat ribbons and some ric rac to the same lengths. The variety in ribbons and ric rac lengths helped make the finished pom poms fuller and spikier.

Then I folded the ribbons in half (so they formed the letter V) and stitched them together at the bottom.  Some I sewed directly onto small pony tail holders...others I sewed onto a small piece of felt and then glued to the headbands. (I bought the headbands per-wrapped in ribbon. I was all about doing this project fast).

 This one is my favorite. I love the colors..and the bounciness of it.


I got extra creative and added a fabric flower and button to this headband.


The end result..fabulous headbands and pony tail holders. 
My niece is going to love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love all things crafty! Visit my website www.calicocali.com for tutorials, longarm quilting, svg designs, embroidery designs, nail decals, notions and more. Let’s Be Friends! Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/calicocalidesigns/ Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/calicocalidesigns/ Subscribe to our Youtube channel so that you don’t miss out on any of our fun tutorials! I hope you love our designs as much as I enjoy creating them. Happy Sewing Everyone!!! – Kat 🙂