Friday, June 17, 2011

Quilts, Lakes and Skee Ball

I recently spent the weekend in New Hampshire with my folks. It was glorious. We walked along the pier in Wiers Beach. They used to bring me here as a kid all the time and it's still one of my favorite places to visit (right on up there with Disney).


We went to the Keepsake Quilting annual tent sale, where I scored some beautiful fabric at only $3.99 a yd (and zero sales tax in NH!! Bonus!!) and some fun new patterns that I can't wait to stitch out. Dad said the lines move faster at Disney World.  But he was a trooper and waited paitently while Mom and I were in line for an hour.  Did I mention the great prices??? We had to shop.

I ate lunch at the lake....watching boats float by.  It was soo peacefull I wished I could eat lunch there everyday. And yes, I'm totally rockin those camo pants.


 And I played my best Skee Ball game ever and got my highest score to date...320!!  Just look at my smile. Between Mom & I we won 500 tickets, which bought me one mug, one small rubber ducky (yes it went right into my ducky bathroom) and two small dinosaurs (which I gave to my niece and newphew).
Skee Ball is my favorite game in the universe. And I may or may not be trying to convince DH to buy me a used, vintage Skee Ball game machine of my own.  My friends are concerned that if I actually get my own Skee Ball machine, that I'll never leave the house again. They could be right about that.
Till then I'll just keep an eye on ebay.






No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love all things crafty! Visit my website www.calicocali.com for tutorials, longarm quilting, svg designs, embroidery designs, nail decals, notions and more. Let’s Be Friends! Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/calicocalidesigns/ Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/calicocalidesigns/ Subscribe to our Youtube channel so that you don’t miss out on any of our fun tutorials! I hope you love our designs as much as I enjoy creating them. Happy Sewing Everyone!!! – Kat 🙂