Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sewing Room Facelift - part one

I've waited a long time for this...my sewing room is finally getting a face lift!!!!
I've been wanting to replace my shelves with cabinets ever since I saw an ad for a cabinet company that showed cabinets in a sewing room. I was instantly hooked..I had to have cabinets! The one thing I really dislike is walking into my sewing room and seeing all the clutter on those shelves and getting stressed out about it.  So little by little the shelves are going away..and being replaced with cabinets!  Here is a view of the two bottom cabinets. I left a space in between them so that I can put my serger on the counter and still have a spot for my chair with out hitting my knees.  So far I love it and I can't wait to get my serger all set up and running.
I haven't decided what color counter top I want yet...and since our trailer is full of wood that needs to be chopped up...I wont be getting a counter top anytime soon. So in the meanwhile I'm using two of the shelves pushed together as a counter top. I'm actually surprised at how well they work. Maybe I'll forgo real counter tops for a while and use that $$ for more Fabric. A girl can never have too much fabric  :)

 Next step will be to hang the upper cabinets once the holes in the wall have been patched from where the shelves hung. I'll post more photos as they become available.
Happy Sewing - Kat  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love all things crafty! Visit my website www.calicocali.com for tutorials, longarm quilting, svg designs, embroidery designs, nail decals, notions and more. Let’s Be Friends! Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/calicocalidesigns/ Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/calicocalidesigns/ Subscribe to our Youtube channel so that you don’t miss out on any of our fun tutorials! I hope you love our designs as much as I enjoy creating them. Happy Sewing Everyone!!! – Kat 🙂