Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Big Girl Bed - Fabric

Fabric shopping with a 3 year old was interesting. Mostly L ran around the store pointing out all of the animal fabrics, and showing me how high she can jump.  But when I showed her the completed quilt sample of the pattern that I'm going to make her, she got very quiet. My talkative niece was speechless. Yup. I think she likes the pattern.  :)

We picked out all of the fabric, and it's currently sitting in my studio, per-washed and folded. Ready to cut.  Here's a peek at the fun fabric we choose.

1. FreeSpirit - California Dreamin, Mailu by Jeanean Morrison
2. Moda - Meadow Friends by Deb Strain
3. Moda - Central Park by Kate Spain
4. Robert Kaufman - Mixmasters, Fizz by Patrick Lose
5. FreeSpirit - California Dreamin, Palm Springs by Jeanean Morrison
6. Riley Blake Designs - Feeling Groovy by Cynthea Sandoval "Doodlebug Design"

My SIL told L that "Auntie Kat is going to cut up all these fabrics, and them sew them back together into a quilt for you".  L just looked at me and smiled. I can't wait to get started on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love all things crafty! Visit my website www.calicocali.com for tutorials, longarm quilting, svg designs, embroidery designs, nail decals, notions and more. Let’s Be Friends! Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/calicocalidesigns/ Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/calicocalidesigns/ Subscribe to our Youtube channel so that you don’t miss out on any of our fun tutorials! I hope you love our designs as much as I enjoy creating them. Happy Sewing Everyone!!! – Kat 🙂